Marriott Bonvoy Top 52 Restaurants & Bars Social Media Contest (Giveaway) - Terms and Conditions
How to play:
i. To enter, participants must post publicly on Instagram or Weibo sharing their favorite dining experience and what made it special in the caption with the hashtags #DiscoverTop52 and #MarriottBonvoy and tagging @marriottasiafb. Participants posting to Weibo may post with the following hashtags: #万豪旅享家 and #探索top52
ii. At the end of the contest period, Marriott International (Marriott) will, at its sole discretion, select the participant with the most creative comment to win a $250USD dining certificate and a feature on the Top52 website (see section iii. Prize).
iii. Prize: $250USD (or local currency equivalent) dining certificate to the featured Top 52 restaurant or bar, and a post feature on the Top52 website.
Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition will start on April 5th, 2019 at 9:00 am (UTC+8) until February 16th, 2019 at 23:59 pm (UTC+8). The time of any participant’s submission is determined by the time entry of that submission on Instagram’s system.
2. Contest is open to any residents worldwide, and participants must be 18 years old or above. Marriott reserves the rights to exclude any person in any of the following categories to participate in the competition or to be awarded any prize: (a) persons who are the directors, officers or employees of Marriott or any affiliate, persons who are engaged in the administration, development, production or distribution of the competition, and persons who are directors, officers or employees of any advertising or promotion agency associated with the competition; (b) persons who were or are on-site directors, officers or employees of any third party operator at Marriott; and (c) persons who are family members (including spouse, or biological, adoptive or step-mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or any dependent under any applicable income tax law) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household, whether an immediate family member or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories, and (d) persons who are resident in jurisdictions where Marriott is prohibited or restricted by law in respect of Marriott’s conduct of this competition or where it is illegal for such persons to participate in this competition under the laws of that jurisdiction.
3. Marriott’s choice of a Winner is selected by a panel of experts and is at its sole discretion. Participants will not have the right to object or appeal that decision. Marriott is not required to explain to any participants the reasons for its selection of the Winner.
4. Upon selection of the Winners and their respective announcements online, dining certificates will be given to the recipient(s), by participating properties, within a 2-week period.
5. The Prize is non-transferable, non-resalable and may not be returned, exchanged, or redeemed for cash in any circumstances.
6. By making a submission, the participant agrees to be to be contacted via Instagram Inbox Message in respect of their submission. If notified that they are the Winner, the participant will be required to provide their full name, and email address.
7. If the Winner does not respond or is unable to be contacted within 7 days of Marriott’s first notification that they are the Winner of the competition, he or she will be disqualified without notice or compensation and the Prize shall be forfeited.
8. Participants agree that Marriott will not be liable for any loss of information submitted by the participants due to computer, website, network, communications or any other technical errors. Participants agree that Instagram is not responsible for and has not sponsored or endorsed this competition and will not be involved in the administration of this competition. Participants hereby release Instagram for any and all liability in connection with or arising out of this competition.
9. Submissions will be disqualified if Marriott considers in its sole discretion that (i) the submission contains indecent / obscene materials (including but not limited to: pornography, violence, swearing and obscene hand gestures etc.) or (ii) if there is any infringement of third parties’ rights (including but not limited to copyright infringement). This applies even if the relevant participant has been selected as a Winner of the competition and in those circumstances, the Prize shall be forfeited by the Winner without compensation upon Marriott’s notice to the Winner.
10. Marriott reserves the right to disqualify any participant found or suspected of taking part in the competition using accounts registered with a false identity or attempting to use any program to influence the process or results of the competition. Marriott also reserves the right to recover damages or other compensation from such person. This applies even if the disqualified person has been selected as a Winner of the competition and in those circumstances, the Prize shall be forfeited by the Winner without compensation upon Marriott’s notice to the Winner.
11. If a Winner is disqualified or their Prize is forfeited for any reason, Marriott is not obligated to select an alternative Winner for this competition.
12. Marriott reserves the right to replace the Prize without giving prior notice or compensation. Marriott may change, cancel or postpone the competition or these terms and conditions at its sole discretion. Marriott is not required to notify or pay any compensation to any party should the competition or these terms and conditions be changed, cancelled or postponed by Marriott for any reason.
13. By submitting comments (“Materials”) in the competition, participants represent and warrant that the participant is the owner of all intellectual property in the Materials and shall indemnify Marriott and its affiliates for any losses they may suffer or incur if any third party claims to own any intellectual property rights in the Materials. Participants understand and agree that Marriott may use, display, reproduce, distribute and retain any and all Materials for any purpose and in any manner, medium and format without incurring any liability to the participants or any other person (including the requirement to pay any compensation in respect of such uses of the Materials). Participants further agree to waive, unconditionally, irrevocably, and without further payment, all moral rights and author’s rights of a similar kind in relation to the Materials.
14. Provision of personal data is necessary to participate in this competition. If participants do not provide such personal data, they will not be eligible to participate in the competition or to be selected as a Winner.
15. Personal data collected in connection with this competition may be used for the evaluation of submissions in this competition, the award and redemption of Prizes, processing of requests or enquiries related to this competition, Marriott’s internal business and administrative purposes in connection to this competition or other directly related purpose. Personal data may be transferred to third parties involved in fulfilling the aforesaid purposes including Marriott’s affiliated companies, or such other persons as may be required by law.
16. Marriott will not use personal data submitted by participants for the purposes of this competition to send participants marketing or promotional materials unless the relevant participant gives their consent to receiving those materials. If the participant gives their consent to receive such materials from Marriott, Marriott will retain and use the participant’s personal data to provide the participant with marketing and promotional materials unless the participant subsequently withdraws their consent.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. Neither Marriott nor any affiliate makes any representation that participation in the competition is appropriate or available in other locations and the competition is void in any jurisdiction where the conduct of or participation in such a competition is prohibited or restricted by law. Those who choose to participate in the competition do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent they are applicable.
18. These terms and conditions are subject to the interpretation by Marriott which shall be final and conclusive. In the event of disputes, Marriott reserves the right to make final judgment on the dispute and otherwise in respect of this competition.